My Moments

My Moments

Sunday, August 15, 2010

It's been sometime since I last saw my relatives. I was sooo happy that I had my off day on Saturday and that I could spend time with them. It strikes me how much my two cousin has grown up. Shiddiq and Syafiq was once a young boy whom I used to nag all the time when they make noise. Now, they are all big boys. So much so that their voice is breaking. Awww, how time flies.


Time sure flies, but how I wish hard times fly fast for my uncle. I can't bare to see him in pain. I can't bare to see my cousins suffer in silence. I know they are even though they didn't tell me how much pain they are feeling. I just know it. Yesterday, my mom, aunt, uncle, my other cousins, my sister, dad, brother and myself went to help my uncle to clean his house. It was really a terrible mess. We started with the store room, followed by my cousin's room, unpack all the unnecessary things and throw it into a box that my dad brought. Clean all the cabinets.


What saddened me most was to see my uncle not helping himself. I didn't mean physically helping himself with the housework but mentally. While I was clearing all the cabinets, there were a lot of unread letters which was addressed to him. I didn't want to be nosy to read all his private and confidential letters, so I asked him if the unopened envelopes to be thrown away. To my surprise, he said yes without even asking me what or from who or where the letter was from. It strikes me then that he rather not see it then facing the reality. It definitely is hard on him but if he keeps on running away, nothing is going to be solved. NOTHING!


I am also stupid enough to listen to him and threw all the important letters. I should have sneaked it and read it personally to see what exactly he needs help with. Currently, he just keep to himself. He is soo stubborn that everyone gave up on asking about him. I've never seen myself this stupid. I've always wanted to try and help him. But I just wasted my opportunity to help him. Argghh!!!


I just want the happy times for my uncle and my cousins that they once had. Never mind about my aunt. I don't know where on earth is she. If she ever stepped into Singapore, I hope justice will take on my uncle's side. Haiz...


Till then
Afifah